J. Thomas Haley
Tom Haley is a shareholder and the founding member of the firm. He began practicing in 1974 after earning his law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School. He has a degree in Political Science from Eastern Illinois University, and also served four years in the U.S. Air Force. Tom is a native of Illinois, but Madison has been his home for the past 35 years.
Tom has been selected by his peers as one of the top business lawyers in Dane County in surveys conducted by Madison Magazine. He is a Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate and has a long list of published cases to his credit that have contributed to the development of business law in Wisconsin.
Tom is frequently asked by other attorneys to mediate business law disputes and is active in the Dane County Bar Association, serving on its board of directors since 1996. He is also a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, the federal bar for the Western District of Wisconsin, and also is a member of the Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers (Business Torts Section) and the American Association for Justice.
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Board Certified Trial Lawyer, National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- Wisconsin, 1974
- U.S. Federal Court, 1974
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Eastern Illinois University
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Selected by his Peers as One of the Top Business Lawyers in Dane County in Surveys Conducted by Madison Magazine
- Dane County Bar Association, 1996 - Present; Board of Directors
- State Bar of Wisconsin Member
- Federal Bar for the Western District of Wisconsin Member
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers Member
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Air Force