Teresa K. Kobelt
Teresa Kobelt has practiced law since 1988 and previously worked for a highly regarded law firm in Milwaukee before joining Haley Palmersheim, S.C. in 1996.
Teresa practices in all aspects of business law, whether transactional (contracts) or litigation, and serves as an ongoing resource for her business clients.
Teresa is also active in the legal community, volunteering her time and energy to a multitude of committees. She is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, where she served on the Continuing Legal Education Committee from 2004 to 2010, including one year as its chair, and on the Finance Committee for the 2009-2010 term. In 2012, Teresa joined the State Bar Board of Governors. Teresa was a member of the Board of Directors for the Dane County Bar Association from 2002 to 2010, and was the DCBA President for its 2008-2009 term. She served on the Middleton Municipal Court Peer Court Advisory Board, and is a former member of the City of Middleton's Commission on Youth. Teresa also advises several non-profit organizations, and participates in committees related to the Arts.
- 30% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Wisconsin, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1988
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1988
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin, 1988, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, 1983, B.A.
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Named Wisconsin Super Lawyer, Business Litigation, 2011 and 2012
- Honoree, 2010 Women in the Law
- State Bar of Wisconsin Member, Board of Governors; 2012
- James E. Doyle American Inn of Court, 2010 - Present Member
- Judge, ABA Law School Moot Court Competition, 2010
- State Bar of Wisconsin Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee; 2009-2010
- State Bar of Wisconsin Finance Committee; 2009-2010
- Dane County Bar Association President; 2008-2009
- Instructor, Lawyering Skills, UW Law School, 2008, 2011
- City of Middleton Municipal Court Peer Court Advisory Board; 2007-2011
- State Bar of Wisconsin Member, Continuing Legal Education Committee; 2004-2010
- Dane County Bar Association Member, Board of Directors; 2002-2010
- Dane County Bar Association Chair, Program Committee; 2002-2007
- Legal Association for Women Member